Barros Editorial Publishers Authors Showcase
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lanaia Lee Interview With Black Cloud and Purple Verse

Go down

Lanaia Lee Interview With Black Cloud and  Purple Verse Empty Lanaia Lee Interview With Black Cloud and Purple Verse

Post by Admin 2007-10-17, 21:01

Interview of Lanaia Lee with Black Cloud

of her

December 2007 Book release

Dark Cloud: Thank you for taking the time to do this interview with us.

1. Tell us about your writing career?

2. Have you ever written under a pseudonym?

3. We have heard from previous guest Authors that they "cook" their stories in their mind, or write as it basically unfolds in their mind. Some even use an outline. How do you develop your story lines?

3. What advice would you give aspiring writers on getting published?

4. Any horror stories on your dealings with publishers?

5. Do you have an agent? If so how would you advise an aspiring writer on finding an agent?

6. How many novels have you written and what are the titles?

7. How do you develop your characters?

8. What made you decide to write in the genre you do as opposed to other genres

9. Last but not least, where do you get your inspiration for your works?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. My carrerr more or less started on a dare. My husband dared me to write a poem, after I wrote the poem, I discovered I had this literary gift. I wrote just poetry for a while, then graduated to short stories, then eventually I started with novels.

2.Yes, I write under the pen name Lanaia Lee. I stole the name Lanaia, from a television series, I just fell in love with the name. I lost my mom when I was eight, Lee was her maiden name, so I took the name Lee in honor of my mother.

3. I am far from great, but I hope to be one day. All my stories and poetry I write, are based upon true life experiences and my beliefs. I can sit down and write you a poem in about fifteen minutes, but writing a novel is totally differant. At first I felt over whelmed at the very thought of a novel, but through trial and error, I finally learned to do it in a way that is comrtorable for me. I make an outline for a chapter, and each day, I tackle a part of the outline. This was my answer.

4. Before your writing goes anywhere, you have to have faith within yourself and your work. One of the things I did was, there are forums all over the internet, where you can post your work, comment on the work of others and get feedback on your work. This allows you to test the water, to give you an idea of how the public will react to your work.

5. horror stories with publishers? Oh, yes when an author is approached by a lit agent or a publisher, they are so flattered, they don't think it could be a scam. I wasted two years on what I thought was a reputable lit agent. I was paying fees on top of fees, a real publisher or lit agent, takes their pay from the royalties generated by your work. Beware of any one wanting money up front.

5. I thought I had an agebt, but I was very wrong. Now a very good friend of mine more or less represents me. Her name is Cheryl Pillsbury, she is the owner and founder of A. G. Press, and quite the writer, in her own right, with such works under her belt, as Angus Grady 1 and 2, Peleport, Donovan, just to name a few.

6. As of now, I am getting ready to release book one of a five book fantasy series known as Of Atlantis. I have published one book of poetry called The Dark Side of Lanaia Lee. I also have a second book of poetry coming out this winter known as Within Lanaia's Darkness.

7. The characters, I gave birth to from my fantasy series, have been alive in my mind since childhood. I was an only child, and this help one develop quite the imagination. Of Atlantis was developed when I was a child. I have always been fascinted by Plato's Atlantis, so when I was a child, I used to pretend I was Of Atlantis, and over the past four years, I put my creation on paper.

8. Most of my poetry is dark. My grandmother raised me after the death of my mom. My grandmother was a self professed black witch. The things I have seen, well lets just say, there is another dimesion. I grew up with the darkness, so I choose the genre because to me it is very comftorable. Now my novel is fantasy. Fantasy being a big seller these days. Fantasy is a temporary escape from the reality of the world we live in today, if only for a short while.

9. Inspiration for my work, may seem strange to most. I suffered a stroke at 35, that confined me to a wheelchair. My stroke was due to hypertension, also due to this I have had five miscarriages and one still born. I always wanted to leave a part of myself behind after my death. I couldn't do it through my children, but I can do it through my work. I just want to thank you for taking the time to interview me, and if anyone would like to contact me, you may do so at my web site http://www.alongstoryshort.net/lanaialee.html. Thank you again

Interview of Lanaia Lee!

Lanaia Lee Interview

After what seems like years of waiting, the time finally arrived for

Purpleverse to look deeper into the world of long time contributor, Lanaia Lee.

Due to geographical locations, the following interview took place over the Internet.

VERN: Lanaia, thanks for taking the time to talk to us today.

LANAIA: You are so very welcome! You have stood beside me since the very beginning, now that my carrerr is taking off, I will proudly stand beside you.

VERN: Many of our readers will know your name but few will know the person. Please tell us a little about yourself.

LANAIA: Well, I'm 50, young enough to still have fun, but old enough to know better. I suffered a stroke at 35, confining me to a wheelchair, and I could never have any children because of my hypertension, but I'm strong. When I survived the stroke, I knew my destiny had not yet been fulfilled,so here I am today.

VERN: I hate go straight for the kill, but your life has been replete with many unfortunate incidents.. To help people appreciate your determination, can you tell us some of the horror's you've overcome and how has this shaped your writing career?

LANAIA: Like I said the toughest thing was the loss of my children I had 5 miscarriages and one still born. Any one should understand how devastating that would be. My mom died when I was 8, and I was raised by my maternal grandmother, who was a professed black witch. I have no siblings and never really knew my dad, who was in the navy. Life has been very interesting, but it does go on. All my hardships are a part of who I am, they help mold me into a very strong person.

VERN: Since your stroke, you've been in a wheelchair, a common factor with your husband of some ten years. I get the impression of two very independent people here who are willing and ready to take on anything?

LANAIA: Very much so! I love my husband dearly, and we have been married thirteen years, and I would not have it any other way.

VERN: An interesting fact from your Bio, is your Grandmother. A self proclaimed Black Witch. Not every family has a witch and I'd be interested to know if her teachings in anyway inspired your writings over the years?

LANAIA: Many people do not believe in the dark arts, but I lived through them, they are very real. The genre I choose to write, is very conftorable to me, since I have been around it all my life, but the things I have seen, I want nothing to do with the black arts.

VERN: We must finally give mention to your 3 year old Jack Russell. No family is complete without man and woman's best friend. Moving on from family life, we obviously move to your writing. Since you joined our family at Purpleverse, we've seen many great works of fiction and poetry. Your first book “The Dark Side of Lanaia Lee” has been in print for a while now. Can you tell us your feeling on printing your first book and a little about how well it has done?

LANAIA: Jack, my doggie, now seven, is my constant companion. This dog has the love of six children wrapped up in him, when he passes, now that is going to be hard. The first book of poetry I published, didn't do that well I think mainly because I was an unknown. Now my first novel of a five book fantasy series called Of Atlantis, book on is due out this fall through Roval Publishing, they are here in the states in Texas. Also, my second book of dark poetry, called Within Lanaia's Darkness is due out this winter through,Barros Monteiro Editorial Publishers, they are in Lisbon, Portugal, so finally I'm seeing the light of day. These publishers just saw my work on line, liked what they saw, and the rest is history.

VERN: So after the first publication, you've obviously been left with a taste for more. We printed two chapters of “Chamber of Time” in issue Two of Sinfully Twisted. I understand the project is now complete and ready for print. What is the current situation with this?

LANAIA: Chamber of Time, I look at, as a learning experience, it has more or less fizzled out.

VERN: And not one to slack, you've also worked hard on “Of Atlantis”, a five book fantasy fiction series. Tell us more about this intriguing title.

LANAIA: This series of books, although fantasy, is more or less about my beliefs. It is about the king of Atlantis, that survived the deastation. He isn't totally human, he is half Orion. These were a super human race that were from within Orion's Belt. Being half Orion( Archamedes) the main character has the ability for eternal life. The books tell of him going through history, assuming certain identuties, one is Imohotep of ancient Egypt.

VERN: Writing dark material always needs inspiration. Where has yours come from, who do you look up to in the world of fiction?

LANAIA: Wow, I have always been an avid follower of Poe, I also think I have read everything written by Agatha Christie.

VERN: Do you feel the independent small press really has anything to offer over the commercial offerings that fill the book shelves?

LANAIA: Yes, I do. The only thing a small press needs is a famous name, that will take them to where the big publishing houses are.

VERN: If you had the chance to turn any of your fiction into a movie, what piece would you choose and why? Dare I also ask, who would you select to play the lead roles?

LANAIA: Oh, yes, my choice would definitely be Of Atlantis. This book has everything, fantasy, romance, just perfect for the big screen. My lead character, Archamedes, the guy that played Van Helseng, his wife, the woman that played beside Van Helseng, I also have a villian known as Uric, only one man can play this role, in the movie The Mummy, the guy who played Imhotep, the mummy.

VERN: I have to say, I've never known anyone as quick to reply to emails as you do. How do you manage to squeeze in writing, emails and family life in only 24 hours a day? I'd love to know the secret!

LANAIA: Writing is my life. I do my best writing early in the morning before my husband or Jack wake up. I feel so lucky when someone contacts me about my writing, I welcome the e-mails, I really look forward to them, and my writing, is just like a part of the family. Never a pain.

VERN: You've been working with Purpleverse for several years now. How did you find out about us and how has it been working with the “Family of the Fallen”?

LANAIA: I consider myself, very fortunate to have found you. When I first started writing, I didn't have the faith in my work, I needed, but you stuck by me helping to give me the faith I needed.

VERN: With your current projects nearing completion, what are your plans for the next set of works? I feel that you're not going to take a break and rest somehow....

LANAIA: I will always write poetry, that is my passion. Maybe an auto biography later on, I know I want to write on Titanic, but from a totally different viewpoint, many people don't know this, but on that ill fated journey, Titanic carried an Egyptian mummy, I want to write on the ill fated ship, from the view point of the Mummy's curse.

VERN: Having beaten so many issues in your life, finally making your name in the market place and seeing your works in print, what is the plan now for Lanaia? Is there a long term vision that you want to achieve?

LANAIA: When I lost all my children, one of the most important things, was when I died I wanted to leave a part of myself behind, not through my children, but through my writing, I'll be able to do this.

VERN: For those who have yet to experience your works, can you please share with us details of where people can find you on the internet and how to contact you, if you'd like them to.

LANAIA: Just go to my website http://www.alongstoryshort.net/lanaialee.html here you can leave me a message, e-mail me, or even join my yahoo writing group.

VERN: The floor is now yours Lanaia, no questions, just time for you to put any messages over to our readers.

LANAIA: When I wrote Of Atlantis, one of the things I wanted to do was make history fun. Well I think I achieved this. As far as my poetry, divine intervention. I have never been to school for this. Everybody just read my work and you decide.

VERN: Finally and with reluctance, we must conclude our conversation. I'd like to thank you for being so open and sharing so many insights with myself and our friends. We all wish you great success with your future plans and thank you for taking the time to let us into your world.

LANAIA: I really appreciate you taking the time, to do this interview, so others can learn more about Lanaia. And any one can contact me through my website, and I will always be indebted to Prpleverse, for being by my side since the beginning. Thank you and big hugs.

END.

Edit Delete Move Up Move Down Insert Paragraph

©2007
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 103
Job/hobbies : Reading, Music, Soccer and so on and on.....
Registration date : 2007-10-07

http://www.freewebs.com/barrosmonteiroeditorialpublishers

Back to top Go down

Lanaia Lee Interview With Black Cloud and  Purple Verse Empty Re: Lanaia Lee Interview With Black Cloud and Purple Verse

Post by Maria DL 2007-10-19, 13:25

Hi Lanaia

Cheers for your interview
you are a very talented lady
thanks for been here with us

Love and Light
Maria flower

Maria DL

Back to top Go down